Wednesday, May 14, 2008




Yesterday I spent the majority of the day with Harrison at his track meet. It was a lot of fun to watch him run and it brought back a bunch of memories of my days at the track meet. I always signed up for the softball throw, the standing long jump, and the 50 yard dash because I did not like running and I wanted to get out of it anyway possible. I also remember all the kids that had "cool" lunches that were full of candy, soda pop, and chips. I was always jealous because my lunch was a little healthier with not that many cool things in it.

I was amazed at how much some of the parents get into the whole event. Some of the parents would scream at the top of their lungs while their child was running, which was embarrassing me and I wasn't even related to them. I can't even imagine how embarrassed their child was. One guy even tried to argue with the man in charge about how he had set the kids up wrong on the relay race. He was concerned about some of the kids having an advantage and he rambled on and on about it and would not shut up. I was so embarrassed for him as well.

Harrison actually likes to run and he came in second place on the 50 yard dash and second place on the 200 meter run. He also ran in the relay race where his team placed 5th. Overall I think he did quite well and he enjoyed it, which makes it even better.

3 comments:

Janean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janean said...

I was never a fan of the track meet either. One year when they called me name to run I just sat there and pretended like I wasn't there and did not have to run. I also remember the lunch and that always made me jealous too. Like the pictures. I bet Whytli will love the track meet too because she loves to run as well.

Anonymous said...

You want to go for round two? Ours is next Tuesday!! Come on Steph..you know you want to.