Monday, May 19, 2008

As I already mentioned....I made it through the sleepover with nine little girls. It went rather well and we didn't have any fighting or crying like I though we might. It's bound to happen with emotional little girls but I lucked out this time. I think it helped that the boys were gone to the JAZZ game with Jeff otherwise there probably would have been quite a bit of teasing going on.
The night began at 6:30 and almost immediately the girls decided to put their pajamas on and play outside. They had a great time jumping on the trampoline and playing hide-n-go-seek. Janean and I tried to teach them a new game, colored eggs, but they didn't really get the concept of it. We use to play that game for hours and hours when we were younger and we never got tired of it but they only played for about five minutes and then they were on to the next. A few minutes later the pizza finally arrived and the girls scarfed it down in record time. We made it through dinner with only a couple spills, which isn't too bad for as many people as we had sitting around the table. After they ate Adriana and Adelie were ready to open their presents. They got some great stuff and they decided to put some of it to good use by painting their toenails and fingernails. It was fun to see the different combinations that they came up with on their nails. Pieper and Mallory tried to do it themselves but quickly realized that they needed some help if they wanted any polish to actually get on their nails. After they finished painting their nails I convinced them to head inside to watch a movie. I thought they might calm down and possibly fall asleep but the kissing scenes on High School Musical got them all worked up so they couldn't fall asleep. I went downstairs at 10:30 when the movie had finished and told them it was time to wind down and get in their sleeping bags. I thought for sure that some of them would doze off but once again they got worked up when they began telling stories. I could hear them from my room upstairs just laughing and giggling like crazy. Finally at 12:30 am I went downstairs and threatened to turn all the lights off and that finally calmed them down and within a couple minutes they were all asleep. I thought they would sleep in since they went to bed so late but they were up bright and early the next morning at 6:45 am. After a good breakfast of pancakes and bacon they got dressed and decided to put on some makeup. It was fun to watch them getting ready! Once again Mallory and Pieper tried to help themselves but it didn't work out and they had to have some help. It was a little sad to watch the girls play and realize that within a few years they are going to be all grown up. I think they all had a great time and we'll have to do it again but at Janean's house next time:)

3 comments:

Janean said...

No, I'm pretty sure the girls said that they wanted to do it again at your house since you are such a great host.

Janean said...

I actually think I heard Carrie, Jennifer and Dani were all planning one really soon too. That is each seperately at their own homes at different times.

Shannon said...

High School Musical kissing scenes usually get me all worked up, too. You are so great to host such a fun party.