Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I have another adventure to tell about that happened today. It's not about my kids but it's about Jennifer's kids and I am going to write about it since she doesn't have a blog yet. I am sure that what I am going to write about is something that has happened to almost everyone and it's so dang frustrating! Jennifer decided to get her kid's pictures taken so she could give it to her mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I am sure that almost everyone has had a similar experience...I know I have. I didn't think it would be that hard because she only has two kids but I was wrong. Kynli would not relax in the pictures and Creed would not sit still. I was trying to be a good "helper" and coming up with ways to distract him but none of them worked. We gave him a ball because he loves them but that didn't work because he kept throwing it. I gave him some snacks but he kept chewing with his mouth open so that didn't work. The last thing I tried was my cell phone but he kept putting it up to his ear. Jennifer played peak-a-boo with him and she did get a few cute pictures but not as many as she wanted. Kynli did a good job but she wouldn't relax. We got her to smile by saying, "Dad has stinky feet." She thought that was pretty funny. The photographer is going to try and do a couple head swaps and see if she can get a picture of the both of them smiling.

There have been so many times that I have tried to get pictures taken of my kids and they will not cooperate. I love to get their pictures taken but it stresses me out because I want them to be perfect with everyone smiling and happy but that's just not reality. By the end of the session almost everyone is crying and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I often wonder why I even get their pictures taken but they always turn out so cute.

One of these times I am going to take a camcorder and record my kids while they are getting their pictures taken because I know without a doubt that I could win some money on America's Funniest Videos.

Hopefully Jennifer's mother-in-law appreciates the picture and understands all the hard work that goes along with the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie! I am so pleased to see the abundance of writing on your page. Good girl. And those are some dang funny stories too!

angela said...

I know exactly what you mean, in fact it just happened to me. Alexa is always easy but Alex has this weird smile these days and i am not sure what to do about it, its okay if he smiles with his mouth closed. Max is just a typical baby that wants to do their own thing and not be posed. oh well what do you do??

Janean said...

Pictures stress me out too! It isn't even an enjoyment and then you are totally stressed cause you think that none of them are going to turn out but somehow you always end up getting some good ones. I am so glad you are at least putting stories on your blog.