Thursday, May 15, 2008






Harrison has been mowing my mom and dad's lawn this year and he also picked up their neighbor's (Jon and Kellye) as well. He loves to mow the lawn and it's a bonus that he gets to earn money while he is doing it. When he did my parent's lawn he would use their mower and then he would use our mower to mow Jon and Kellye's but that didn't last too long because the self propel broke and it wasn't running right so I decided it was time to get Harrison a new mower. I told him that I would pay for half of it and he would have to work off the rest. So my dad took him a couple weeks ago to Home Depot and helped Harrison pick out a mower and a weed eater. Harrison was so excited when he got home he couldn't stop smiling. My dad pulled it out of the box and helped Harrison put it all together. As soon as it was put together Harrison began mowing the lawn. He was a little hesitant at first and made the comment that he sort of didn't want to mow the lawn with the mower because it looked so nice and clean. He did a great job and it's nice that he finally has a reliable mower and weed eater. A couple days ago he asked me if he could take out flyers and advertise that he mows lawns so he can get some more business. I think it's great that he likes to work and he is a dang hard worker and can do anything he puts his mind to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable. I love Harrison! Following in Joseph's footsteps...such a hard worker! Tell him he can come mow our lawn. Oh wait...we don't have one.

Janean said...

Too bad Brett bought a mower this year or he could mow our lawn too. He is a hard worker. So cute!