Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I have one thing to say and that is...thank heaven for bedtime. I don't know what was the deal tonight but Pieper was into everything. I was trying to tidy everything up and do the laundry so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning and little miss Pieper was right behind me making a mess of everything. She got into the lotion, not once but twice and the second time she got it all over my carpet. I just hope it will come out and if it doesn't it's going to come out of Pieper's allowance (ya right, what two year old even gets the concept of money). She spilled water on the floor in the kitchen and I walked in there when the light was off and slipped and fell. Pieper was right behind me saying, "What happened mom?" (and of course it was in her sweet, innocent little voice). While I was putting the laundry away Pieper decided to try and make Madison a bottle with a brand new can of baby formula that is now one fourth of the way gone because Pieper isn't coordinated enough to make it into the bottle. Can you imagine how that bottle would have tasted (pure cream for sure) and we all now that Madison doesn't need any more fattening up, she already has thighs like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway...the kids are safely tucked away in their beds so at least my house will stay clean for a few hours and hopefully there won't be any more mishaps until tomorrow morning.

And no...I didn't get any pictures of the mess because I was too angry and it wasn't funny at the time and I would rather not remember the naughtiness (Is that even a word? If not I am inventing it right now and the definition is simply going to be...Pieper Duvall.).

3 comments:

angela said...

I am shocked that you can get the kids "safely tucked into bed" and be blogging at 8:34pm. I wish my kids were in bed at 8:30. Your Pieper story is one I am pretty familiar with, it's like they just know you are trying so hard to get everything put together and for some reason they just don't want that to happen.

Kirsten said...

Send her to my house for the day or week or year... whatever! I'll take that naughty little girl! :) Besides, you have a new pieper... or she looks just like her anyway. You could just rename her Pieper and you wouldn't even notice, right??

Shannon said...

Sometimes I feel like there is a whirlwind following me around the house. It's so frusterating trying to keep things picked up. And by the way, when you start a blog you're supposed to inform people of it. I had no idea you had one. But it is keeping me entertained for my shift tonight at work.