Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Has anyone ever had a day where they had the thought that everything was going pretty good and that it was going to be a great day? Well I had that thought this morning and then I was punished for thinking it. I was on the phone with our plant material broker when Pieper came in crying and saying that she had pooped. Of course she said it so loud that I'm sure the guy heard everything she said. So I just ignored her for a little bit until I looked over and remembered that she didn't have a diaper on because she had just gotten out of the bathtub. So I quickly ended the phone call and went in search of Pieper's poop because she couldn't remember where it was. It was the nastiest thing ever. I got it taken care of and put Pieper's diaper on and while I was getting her dressed I said, "Pieper you need to start going to the bathroom on the toilet. Do I need to start giving you cold showers (a method to get kid's toilet trained that sounds so mean but it really works)?" She said, "Yes, I think so." Obviously she has no idea what I am talking about. I keep telling her that she can't go to Grandma's pre-school if she doesn't start going to the bathroom on the toilet but she doesn't get it. So that will be my project this summer!

2 comments:

The Hawkins said...

I have to admit I thought you guys were so cruel when you told me about the shower. I have had to use it a couple of times and it does work. It also has made Braxton deathly afraid of showers and thinks that anytime I have to take one that I had an accident and gets mad at me for it.

Shannon said...

That is something that I need to work on this summer too. Hallie smearned poop all over her bedroom today and I lost it. I was so mad at her and the smell was aweful.