Monday, May 5, 2008

I have been getting quite a bit of crap from people about not putting anything on my blog but it's so hard to sit down and do it when I have so much work to get done. But I do have a story about something that happened today while Jennifer and I were working.

We were in Salem today putting flyers on people's doors for the landscaping business and the nursery with Kynli, Adriana, Pieper, and Madison. I was pushing Madison in one stroller and Jennifer was pushing Pieper in another stroller. We figured we would kill two birds with one stone and get in a good cardio workout while handing out flyers. Kynli and Adriana were our "helpers" and they would run the flyers up to the door while we stood and watched (great workout huh). No we actually put some on the doors too. Anyway...we got to a culdesac and told Kynli to run and put some flyers on the door of a house that was about 100 yards away from us. She was happy to do it and we were perfectly content to watch her do it too:) As we stood there and watched Kynli walk up the steps of the house we heard a loud buzzing noise. Jennifer look north of where we were standing and there was a swarm of about 1,000 bees (I am not exaggerating at all). Jennifer started screaming because they started flying around us. We started to run away and realized that we had left Kynli behind. Jennifer started yelling at Kynli to run so consequently Kynli started crying and running because she had no clue what was going on. I told Jennifer to push the two strollers away from the bees (with Adriana's help) while I ran and got Kynli. I grabbed Kynli and we ran through the swarm of bees. It was so scary because they were hitting our faces and bodies all over. I told Kynli to cover her face while we ran through them. This all happened in about one minutes time and it was over fairly quickly but it was sure scary at the time. We have no idea where they came from and how we made it without anybody being stung.

I am sure that we looked so funny running, screaming, and swatting at the bees. There were several contractors in the area and they probably got a good laugh. I don't think we will be returning to that area any time soon.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

1,000 bees!! Yikes! and they say there is a bee shortage!! They should go find all those bees! That would be scary!!

Janean said...

I would have loved to have seen that! It would have been hilarious! I'm sure all those contractors got a good laugh out of that. It would freak me out too thought & I know I would have been doing that same thing.