Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Great News

Pieper is finally toilet trained! I didn't think this day would ever come but it finally did. At first I tried to toilet train her by giving her cold showers (it sounds cruel but it really works, most of the time) but she didn't get the concept. Next I tried giving her treats but that didn't work either. So I decided to give it a break for a couple weeks. Last week Pieper went to a "princess dance camp" and loved every minute of it. On the last day I said, "Wasn't that fun! Too bad you can't go to dance this fall because you don't use the bathroom on the toilet." I guess that really stuck with her because ever since then she has starting going on the toilet. It has been so nice! I forgot how much time it takes when they are first learning. I feel like half my day is spent in the bathroom because Pieper has to have company and needs me to cheer every time she goes on the toilet. I'm not complaining though because it much better than changing diapers!! I will admit that it makes me a little sad because she is growing up so fast and there is nothing I can do to slow it down. I love it when my kids are independent but soon I won't have any more small children and that makes me a tad bit sad (but not enough to have any more).

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am jealous. Hallie still doesn't get it. I'm going to try the cold shower thing, although I will have to keep that one a secret from my mom. She would turn me in to DCFS I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is so exciting. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Every time I see her she looks different or is saying something new. Such a sweetheart. I just love her.

Jennifer said...

She caught on pretty quick once she felt like it, it just had to be her idea! I love Pieper is so stinkin cute, she cracks me up!

the lunch lady said...

Hurray! One less bum to change!