Saturday, July 12, 2008

Comb dilemma



A couple weeks ago Adriana decided to "curl" her hair with a comb so she began to twist the comb over and over in her hair. Before long the comb was stuck in her hair and she began to cry because she was worried that she was going to have to cut her hair. Harrison called Janean and asked her to come help him try and get it out but she was busy so he decided to call Grandpa and Grandma Cope. My dad is a pro and figuring things out and coming up with the best possible solution. I probably would have just cut her hair but my dad came up with the brilliant idea to cut the comb one bristle at a time. It took a little bit of time but it worked and they didn't have to cut her hair. Adriana was relieved when it was all over and she was able to keep her curly hair intact.

5 comments:

Janean said...

That was really funny but sad too. Just so people know, I was busy in the shower when Harrison called it wasn't that I busy with something dumb and didn't feel that was important enough to help. Anyway, she wasn't a fan of getting her picture taken either but I knew it would make a good blog post for a memory. It was soooo tangled in there. Thank heavens for dad who figured it out because I would have given up and cut it too.

Carrie Swenson said...

Laura did that once. I was about ready to cry because I thought that I was going to have to cut her hair. The comb was right at her scalp. I think that David was the one to get it out. What would we do without the handy men in our lives?

the lunch lady said...

what a good dad!

Jennifer said...

Dad is a thinker! I didn't know he cut the comb, I thought they cut her hair. It's a good thing I wasn't there becasue I wouldn't have even thought of that I would have just wacked away at her hair.

Unknown said...

Poor Adriana! I remember doing that a few times. I am glad her beautiful hair didn't have to be cut!