Saturday, September 13, 2008

Math Homework

Parker is great at math and his teacher even told me that she would like to move him up a level to 4th grade math because he has really caught on (but it probably won't happen because there isn't room in the 4th grade class). But what his teacher doesn't know is that he takes forever to do his homework at home. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do it. He will literally throw himself on the ground and start complaining each time I tell him he needs to do his math homework. The math homework that he has started to do this year requires that he explain how he got the answer that he did, which is where Parker gets hung up. He does not like writing and would rather just skip over it but unfortunately for him (and me) he can't. Once he sits down to do the homework he is pretty okay it's just a matter of getting him to do it. The other day I threatened to tell his teacher how he acts when I ask him to do his homework and he took me seriously because he has done a little bit better since then.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Heidyn has always loved math, but having to explain her answers last year almost changed her mind. She really hated that part, too. Maybe he won't mind so much after awhile... hopefully soon. ;)

Jennifer said...

I think Parkers little fits are pretty dang hilarious! That is probrably because he's not my kid and I don't have to deal with them everyday.