Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Ear Infection

For the past couple of days Madison has been a bear, which is not like her at all because she is usually such a happy baby. Around 3:00-4:00 PM on Monday and yesterday she started to get really fussy and wouldn't stop crying unless she was being held (by me). I love to hold her but it gets a little tricky when I am trying to cook dinner or get some work done. I debated whether I should take her to the doctor or not because she had an ear infection a couple weeks ago and the antibiotic just ended last Thursday and when I took her to the doctor last Friday for her 6 month immunizations he said her ears looked great. But I decided that I would rather be safe than sorry and I took her in to the clinic. As soon as we got into the room she perked up and was so happy. She kept smiling and laughing for no reason, which always seems to happen when I take one of my kids to the doctor. The miraculously get feeling a lot better. But when the doctor checked her right ear he said it was infected again. So we have to start up another round of antibiotics and hope that it will clear it up. If it doesn't I think I am going to check into getting tubes in her ears because we haven't even hit the cold season yet and we are already having problems.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That poor girl can't seem to catch a break!

Jenni said...

Poor thing.

Good luck with that. Tubes have saved my bacon (well, my kids' technically) more than once. Hope all goes well.

The Warner Family said...

Adley, has an ear ache, too. Fun stuff! Hey, my first thought as I read this was.. I didn't think you cooked dinner!!