Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breakfast at school

Adriana told came to me this morning and said, "I think I'm going to eat breakfast at school in the lunchroom because if you don't have enough time to eat it at home they have it at school but I want to take my own breakfast." So she packed up her "breakfast" which consisted of a salami sandwich, BBQ chips, a fruit roll up, and a cookie (seems more like lunch to me but whatever). She was dressed and ready to go by 8:00 AM and we don't usually leave until 8:30 AM so she sat and waited with her "breakfast" in her lap. She was so excited to get out of the car when we pulled up to the school, which is very unusual for her. The past few days she has been very tentative about going to school. She loves it while she is there but getting there in the morning is a little rough and I have to bribe her with all sorts of crazy things just so she will stay. She didn't seem to care a whole lot when I told her that it was the law for her to go to school and if I didn't make her go I would get put in jail. Her response was, "Then I'll just go and live with Kaye (my neighbor)." I asked Harrison to walk her to the lunchroom and stay with her while she ate and then walk her back to her classroom. I hope she enjoyed her "breakfast" and made it back to her classroom on time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting too big!

Jenni said...

Funny.

Yeah, my kids don't seem to respond to the "they'll come take Mommy away forever" threat. :-)