Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brotherly Love

While I was on my home from picking up the kids from school Harrison told me about what had happened at lunch recess. Harrison and Parker have recess and lunch together because they are both in the multi-age program, which is a lot of fun for them because they get to be with each other a lot throughout the day. Harrison began by telling me that Parker had cried at lunch recess because their "friend" had said a mean comment about Parker. The comment was "Don't pass the ball to Parker he'll just fumble it. He sucks at playing football." So Harrison went up to their "friend" and pushed him and then said, "Don't ever say anything mean about my brother again. He is a better football than you will ever be," and then he walked off. I guess the football game continued on much as it had before after that. Then Harrison said, "You know what the best thing about it was?"

At this point I was thinking, "Something good came from this? Did any teachers see Harrison pushing his 'friend'? Is Harrison going to get kicked out of school?"

"On the next play Parker intercepted the ball and made a touchdown."

And then I came back to reality and realized that my two boys are best friends, despite the fact that they fight A LOT and they scream at each other more than I would like, they are truly best friends and would do anything for one another. I am so happy that Harrison and Parker can be friends and experience things together. I hope they will continue to be friends in the future and be able to share some really fun, exciting experiences.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are both such good boys. That story made me tear up. It is so neat that they have each other.

Jennifer said...

I seriously love this story! It is so cute that Harrison would stick up for Parker like that. They are going to have alot of fun times together for sure!

Kirsten said...

I don't know if it's b/c it's 2 in the morning or what but that brought a little tear to my eye... so cute. I hope my boys will be like that!!

Carrie Swenson said...

They are both so cute! They are the sweetest boys. I am so glad that they look after Laura!

The Hawkins said...

Someday I hope mine are like that. For now Braxton just keeps running to the corner covering his head while Peyton punches him over and over again. Someday maybe?...