Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Library

A couple days ago I took Pieper to the library for the first time this year. She had such a great time! I think she would have taken home very book in the library if I would have let her but being the mean mom that I am I only let her check out five books. She especially liked getting a stamp on each hand after we checked the books out.

While we were at the library we also had to make a bathroom stop because Pieper had to go "really bad and she couldn't wait anymore." She thought the bathroom was pretty neat as well because she was tall enough to reach the sink and the soap by herself.

Pieper also enjoyed the fact that the library has an elevator. She loves to push the buttons herself, which she usually doesn't get to do if Parker is around because he is afraid she is going to push the alarm (which she has done on more than one occasion).

When we got home from the library Pieper carried the books into the house by herself and immediately sat down and began to look at them. She spent about two hours looking at books and making up stories. Later that night she had to sleep with the books as well so they wouldn't get lost and she could find them first thing the following morning.

The next day when she got up she found her back pack and put all her books in their for easier carrying. She took her back pack every where with her. Later in the day we made another trip to the library and exchanged her books for new ones. This time we took Adriana with us and she got some of her own books (she was rather jealous of Pieper the day before).

When I was younger I loved to go to the library! My dream was to be a librarian and be able to read every book that came in the door so I would know what to recommend to the patrons. It hasn't happened yet but maybe when my kids are all grown up and moved away I will fulfill my dream.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I used to play library when I was little, and it drove my mom nuts when I left books all over the house! One year for Christmas I got one of those date stamps our school librarians used. I thought it was SOOO cool and used it on everything. Heidyn's 1st grade teacher used one just like it on their homework assignments, and everytime I saw it I had fond memories of playing library with my little brothers and sisters. Yep, total nerd.

Jennifer said...

Pieper is funny. I hope Creed will start finding little things (like puzzles or books) that peak his interest and will hold his attention for a long time.