Monday, June 9, 2008



I took Madison in to the doctor on Friday because she had a little sniffle and she was a little bit fussy. Dr. Valdez said it looked like it was just a cold and to watch it and take her back in on Monday if it didn't get better. So today I decided to take her in again because she was still fussy and she started coughing a little bit and she wouldn't drink her bottle. I thought she might have an ear infection or a sore throat. I made an appointment for 6:30 pm and off I went to the doctor with Pieper, Adriana, and Madison. Pieper loves Dr. Valdez and wants to go every chance she gets. So he checks Madison's lungs and says that they sound okay but he wanted to do a chest x-ray just to make sure that they were clear. Adriana, Pieper, Madison, and I head downstairs for Madison's x-rays, which I was dreading because it is the saddest thing ever when a baby has to be x-rayed! The technician tells me to put Madison on this little apparatus that looks a bit like a saddle and her legs straddle it and hang down. I told Pieper that Madison was going to ride the horse for a minute and she was okay with that until the technician asked me to hold Madison's arms above her head so he could fasten a plastic surround around her little body. Madison was not pleased at all and she began to scream. Pieper started crying and kept telling me to take Madison off the horse because she was scared. Adriana got a little emotional as well (she has such a tender heart). I don't usually cry but I was on the verge because I felt so helpless. I knew that it needed to be done but I just wanted to rescue her and take her off the "mean horse" (as Pieper put it). Well to make a long story short...Madison has pneumonia. She has to take a prescription for a couple days and have breathing treatments 3-4 times a day and then on Thursday I have to take her back in to see Dr. Valdez to make sure it has cleared up. If it doesn't clear up we will have to hospitalize her for a couple days (so please pray for her). I took a picture of her while she was doing one of the breathing treatments but I didn't get a picture of her while she got her x-ray because I didn't have my camera with me.

Madison did not like the breathing treatment one bit. I don't really like it either because the medicine or mist that comes out of it makes me so dizzy!

10 comments:

April said...

Poor Madison! We'll definitely be praying for her in our house!

the lunch lady said...

poor you! (all of you Duvall girls!) What a tramatic dr. visit. I hope she'll start getting better soon.

Jenni said...

The pictures of little Madison are so sad. I hope she starts feeling better soon and you don't have to take her to the hospital.

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to cry! I hope she gets feeling better, and we will definitely be praying for her.

angela said...

I can't believe she is so sick, we will remember her in our prayers for sure.

Shannon said...

Poor little thing. I will pray that she gets better.

Janean said...

That is so sad! I felt so bad today when I saw her doing the breathing treatments and had no idea why. We will remember her in our prayers too. So sad to have such a little baby sick!

Kellye said...

Hey, I know you don't have better things to worry about (like a sick daughter) but where the heck is my magnifying glass? Seriously am I the only person who cant read that font?

The Hawkins said...

So sorry. Let me know if I can do anything. I know how those treatments can really take a toll on all of you.

Tiesha said...

How sad, she is to little for that! We'll keep her in our prayers.