Monday, June 23, 2008

Horseback Riding






Jeff was a good sport and went for an hour horse ride with the kids. He wasn't too excited about it because he is terrified of horses (I think it has something to do with a bad memory from his childhood) but like a good father he did it anyway. Harrison and Parker wanted to go on the half day ride but we convinced them that an hour was enough (mostly because we didn't have a lot of time but also because it was $35.00 per person for just an hour ride). Adriana really surprised me and decided to go for a ride. I really thought she would be afraid but she had a great time. Pieper rode on the horse as well, which didn't surprise me because she is not afraid of anything. She just rode around (while the guide held onto the rope) while all the other people were mounting the horses. She didn't want to get off, which didn't surprise me either. All in all they had a great time and saw some great areas that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to see.

3 comments:

Carrie Swenson said...

Well they did better than me. I can only handle a half hour ride before I am ready to get off. The half day rides are more David's thing.

Tiesha said...

Looks like fun!!

Shannon said...

I'm terrified of horses, too. I used to pretend like I wasn't, but I'm done pretending. I just plain don't like to ride. But it looks like your kids loved it.