Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mom Knows Best

On Thursday the 17th we left for Idaho to go to Grandma Pieper's funeral. About two hours before we left Adriana began to complain that her stomach hurt. I told her to eat a few saltine crackers and see if it calmed her stomach down. She ate two crackers and about five minutes later she threw up. Luckily she had grabbed a bowl so we didn't have a mess everywhere. I figured she must have had one to many fruit roll-ups and that she would be fine but about two minutes before we were planning on leaving Adriana threw up again but this time she didn't get it into the bowl. We quickly got her in the bath and then I told her to take some nausea medicine to calm her stomach down. She knew that it tasted yucky but she trusted me because I'm the mom and we know everything! We thought that the medicine would do the trick but we decided to bring the bowl just in case. We had been in the car about five minutes when Adriana threw up the medicine that we had just given her. So we stopped at the store to get some 7-up. I told Adriana that my mom would always buy us 7-up when our stomach hurt and it always made us feel better. So once again she trusted me and drank some. Five minutes later she threw up the 7-up. This continued until we got to Tremonton where we decided to spend the night. When we got in the hotel room I told Adriana to get in the bath tub. I explained to her that it always made me feel better to get in a warm tub and relax. She just stared at me like she didn't hear what I said so I repeated it again. She looked at me and said, "I don't want to." I thought she was just being difficult but then she said, "Everything that you do to make you feel better doesn't work for me it just makes me worse. So I'm not going to get in the tub because it will probably make me throw up again." I couldn't disagree with her because all my methods had failed. So instead she went to bed and the next morning she was better.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is funny!

Shannon said...

I LOVE that story. So funny!