Friday, October 17, 2008

Grandma Pieper is with Jesus

Jeff's Grandma Pieper this week and when I told Pieper that she had died and that Grandma had gone to live with Jesus she said, "Oh mom can I go and live with him too?" I don't like it when my kids ask me questions like that because I don't even like to think of them leaving me so I told her, "No, not for a long time. I need you to stay here with me. Grandma Pieper is with her husband and brothers in Heaven." Then Pieper said, "Okay, will you call him for me then." I tried to explain to her about prayer and that's how we talk to Jesus but she didn't really understand what I was saying. As soon as the other kids woke up she immediately told them that Grandma Pieper had died and is now living with Jesus.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Pieper's so cute!:)

Shannon said...

That is so sad. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Kids say the sweetest things.

the lunch lady said...

so sorry to hear about Jeff's grandma.

we definitely don't want any of our kids to go to live with Jesus for a long long time.

The Warner Family said...

I love that kids are so innocent. I don't like questions like that either. It is a horrible thought. Sorry about Grandma, hope all is well.