Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crazy Kid

All day Friday and Saturday Parker complained about his stomach hurting but I didn't think a whole lot about it because he would say it and then act normal five minutes later. While we were at the luncheon after Grandma Pieper's funeral Parker came up to me and said, "Mom I don't feel good I think I'm going to..." I think he meant to say throw up because that's exactly what he did. I quickly grabbed a plate off the table and he threw up into that. I am amazed at how much that plate could hold (I'm going to have to find out the brand because it was one hefty plate. Maybe we could re-enact the whole thing and make a commercial out of it). I felt bad for all the people that were still eating while it happened because I am sure their appetite was ruined after that. Not even two minutes later Parker said, "Mom can I have a brownie?" I thought he was kidding but he was dead serious. He could not understand why I would not let him have one. He kept arguing that his stomach felt better and it would be fine. Needless to say, Parker never got his brownie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah - I didn't eat much after that. Good thing the lunch was pretty much over! That was funny though. You reacted quick!!

Shannon said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! Nothing is worse than sick kids for that reason right there.

Spud Pitchers' said...

Nothing wrong with a little chucking! Some of that looked pretty good that he threw up onto that plate!!!

Did you ever get any alcohol swabs?

That's the secret trick.
:)