Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oops...my bad!

I had something pretty embarrassing happen to me yesterday and I thought that I might as well share it and possibly brighten someones day.

It happened yesterday while I was picking up Pieper and Mallory from pre-school. Their teachers don't let them walk out to their parents so we have to actually walk into the school to get them. As I was walking back towards the car I got into the first black car that I saw. Pieper and Mallory were on the other side trying to open the door. I heard a lady say, "Oops wrong car" and I assumed she was talking to her daughter because she was trying to get into MY car. I looked back to the passenger side door, where Madison should have been sitting in her car seat, and got a little panic stricken because she wasn't there. NEVER did it occur to me that I was possibly in the WRONG car. Sure enough...I was. The lady was actually talking to me when she said, "wrong car." I felt like a complete IDIOT! I tried to explain to her that I had just gotten a new car and it was black as well and that I wasn't use to it yet and she just sat there looking at me like I was crazy. I pretty much felt like a fool and so I just got out of HER seat and headed back to my car where Madison was patiently waiting.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That's hilarious! I'm surprised that lady didn't find it amusing.

Jennifer said...

That is pretty dang funny! That lady must have been an onery butt not to think so!

momtherunner said...

Love it!! That's hilarious!

Sarah said...

So funny! Do you remember when I came to your house for Bunco only to find out it was a different Stephanie's house? I felt like a dummy. You were so cool about it though. Not at all ornery like that lady. She must have a lack of humor in her life.

Liz said...

Oh Stephanie!! That is so dang funny! It sounds like something I would totally do! LOLOLOL!!!! I'm so glad you posted this for all of us to get our laughs!