Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week Long Birthday

I have never...in my whole life...been more excited to be done with a birthday than I was this week. Pieper had her birthday on Monday and she definitely took full advantage of being the "BIRTHDAY GIRL." In the morning Parker bumped her in the hall while he was walking past and she was so upset because he bumped her on her birthday. She made comments all day like "I don't have to do that because I'm the birthday girl" or "I don't have to be nice because I'm the birthday girl." We went to visit my Grandma that night and the first thing Pieper said when she walked in the door to Grandma was, "So today is my birthday." This makes her sound like a brat but she usually is very sweet but for some reason she got the idea that on your birthday everybody has to bow down to you and you get to rule the roost. She knew that her birthday was after Christmas so the day after she woke up and thought it was her birthday and that continued on everyday until it really was her birthday. For her birthday she gave me some ideas of what she wanted and some of the items were things like her own Maceys grocery store with a big sign out front, her own house with a bed so she could play house in it with her friends, and a car to play with in the backyard. Unfortunately she didn't get any of those presents but I think she ended up having a good day besides all the "terrible" things that happened to her and she loved the presents she got. For her birthday party she wanted to invite all her cousins (which is about 25 people) and they were going to go to Circus Circus and then Disneyland and they were going to eat cotton candy. As you can see she had big dreams for her birthday and she had definitely thought about what she wanted and how she was going to celebrate it.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Pieper is hilarious! And you are a patient mommy. :)