Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jeff's "New" Son

Jeff came home the other day and had the funniest story to tell me. I thought some of you might enjoy this story as much as I did.

Chris, one of the guys that works with us, was picking up some paver samples for Jeff. The owner of the company came out and asked Chris if he could get his Dad's phone number. Chris was a little caught off guard because he wasn't sure how the owner knew his dad. Once again the owner said, "Can I get your dad's number. Jeff's your dad right?" Chris didn't feel like explaining that no Jeff wasn't his dad but he simply shook his head and said yes and then gave him the phone number. So a few minutes later the owner of the company called Jeff and said, "We just got your son all loaded up with the pavers so you should be good to go."

Jeff couldn't quit laughing after he got off the phone. I am a little surprised that Jeff was taking it so lightly because he is so self-conscious of his grey hair. What's funny is that Chris is actually a year older than Jeff. Jeff said, "I must look really old and Chris must look really young."

3 comments:

The Warner Family said...

That story makes me feel a lot better. The other day I was a friend at Walmart and a guy she use to work with there, asked her if I was her mother. How rude! Anyway, I don't have gray hair. So, I guess I was having a really bad day!

Kellye said...

Maybe you could see if there are any buster brown shoes that would fit Jeff. Poor Jeff. I think he looks good!

Unknown said...

Poor Jeff! I don't think he looks old. That is a funny story though.