Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pizza & a Tip

Harrison and Parker stayed home from school today because they didn't want to go on the field trip with their school. Harrison felt like he was too masculine to go and watch boys dancing around in tights and Parker has to do everything that Harrison does so he stayed home as well. I don't let my kids stay home whenever they want but I do allow them one day, during the school year, that they can stay home. The one stipulation is that it can't be on a test day or when they are doing something really important. So Harrison and Parker decided to pick today as their one day off, which was fine with me.

While Jeff and I were out running errands Harrison decided to order pizza. So he called me up and said, "Mom I ordered some pizza..." and I had to ask him to repeat what he just said because I wasn't sure I had heard him right. But sure enough I did hear him right and he had ordered pizza from a local pizza joint. The crazy thing about the whole conversation was the fact that he was actually calling me up to ask how much of a tip he should give the delivery driver. I was amazed that someone his age would actually be concerned about how much to leave for a tip. Sometimes he amazes me with how grown up he is.

5 comments:

Kellye said...

That is so Harrison. He is such an adult. He is a good kid, if you can even call him that.

angela said...

i just love harrison and sometimes i wonder how he knows so much about grown up things...he is so mature and such a god boy. sometimes i wish i were as mature as he is!!!

The Warner Family said...

Thats is so cute. Don't they grow up fast!

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! Harrison is so cute. I love that he was worried about how much to tip, most kids would just worry about getting their pizza and eating it!

Our Story said...

Steph-Jeff...Linsey talked to you the other day about the store. We should talk if you are really interested. Email me at duvy9@yahoo.com.
Nate