Thursday, January 29, 2009

Funny Prayers

I wanted to write a couple things that were said while the kids were saying their prayers.

The other night it was Adriana's turn to pray. She usually goes through the whole family and blesses everybody. Lately Madison has had a bad cough and cold and hasn't been sleeping through the night. Jeff and I will usually pray that the kids will have a good night and get the rest that they need. So Adriana got to Madison and she said, "Bless that Madison won't wake up," and she ended it there. I quickly had to add, "during the night" so that Heavenly Father didn't make Madison a sleep permanently. I had to explain to her after the prayer why I had interrupted her because I didn't feel like I could let that one go without being corrected.

Yesterday it was Pieper's turn to say the blessing on the food and it turned into a long prayer (like it usually does) and she began to bless everybody and everything in our house. I am sure that most everybody knows what I am talking about here. It's great that she wants to say the blessing on her own but we might have to limit her saying the blessing on the food because by the time she was done the food was cold and we had to rewarm it. Anyway...towards the end of the prayer Pieper said, "Please bless my mom that she will be nice to me." I didn't realize that I had done anything to offend Pieper but obviously I had and she was going to let me know it. I tried to make it up to her today by letting her run errands with me and I even bought her a pack of gum, which is currently her favorite treat.

No comments: