Monday, August 25, 2008

Pieper to the Rescue

Pieper is such a crazy little girl. She is sort of like a tomboy but at the same time she loves to dress up in princess dresses and play with dolls and make-up. She also has a fascination with bugs, especially "rolly pollys" or potato bugs. A few weeks ago I was outside cleaning out the garage and Pieper says, "Look what I found mom." It was a grasshopper that she was holding between her two fingers. I screamed so loud it scared her and she dropped it. She just sat there staring at me with a confused look on her face. I explained to her that I didn't like bugs and spiders so it made me afraid and I screamed. She still just sat there and stared at me like I was so dumb.

Last Friday I had my niece Laura Ann sleep over and she was afraid of a rather large fly that was crawling around on the floor. Pieper quickly ran over and began to pick the fly up but I quickly caught up to her and told her to leave it alone because it was dirty. I told her that we (meaning Jeff) needed to pick it up with some toilet paper and throw it away. Pieper met Jeff half way into the bathroom and said, "I'll do it Dad," and she did just that. She picked up the fly with the toilet paper and then flushed it down the toilet.

Earlier today Jennifer was downstairs and she started screaming because there was a huge spider. Janet and I thought she was probably overreacting a little bit and figured it was probably some small house spider. Well when we got downstairs we realized that Jennifer was not joking and there really was a huge spider. Pieper said, "I'll got get some toilet paper." I quickly put that idea out of her head because it really was a huge spider that seemed to resemble a hobo spider a little bit and it seemed to be rather aggressive and I didn't want it to jump on her or bite her. I ran upstairs and got a glass bowl and put it on top of it so it wouldn't get away. I figured it would require some more assistance so we called my dad to come up and help us. He claimed that he took care of it but we never did see the spider. Jennifer's pretty sure it crawled away.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know it crawled away! I'm just glad we got Adriana and Pieper's clothes all hung up today so I won't have to be going down in that basement anytime soon!

The Warner Family said...

i, too am seriously terrified of grasshoppers, as well as almost anything that has a hard shelled body. My darling daughter loves to spend her days catching the ugly things. Where did these girls come from ?!

the lunch lady said...

bugs should have the courtesy to not crunch when you smash them. that is just too gross. Next time I need an exterminator, I'll call Pieper.