Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life has been so crazy lately so I haven't had a chance to write about anything but hopefully things will calm down in a couple days and I can catch up. In the mean time I wanted to write about a couple things that the kids said before I forget.

Harrison found out that his teacher this year is Mrs. Beyal, which he is excited about for the most part. He is a little nervous because she loves art and he can't stand it. So we'll have to see how that all works out. Harrison is in the multi-age class, which means he has third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders in his class. It's a great way for kids to learn and move ahead if they are advanced. I found out that a couple of my friends signed their kids up for multi-age and they are both going to be in Harrison's class. Both of their kids are girls and they are both in third grade so Harrison wasn't as excited about having them in his class as I thought he would be. His only comment was, "Great it looks like I'm going to be babysitting this year." Anyway...I was talking to Harrison about it again this morning and I made the comment that he would have to show them "the ropes" referring to Isabel and Addison (the two little girls). He sat there for a second and then he said, "What ropes?" I thought he was just kidding but he was dead serious. So for the next five minutes I had to explain what I meant by "showing them the ropes."

Tonight it was Adriana's turn to say the family prayer and she caught me a little of guard when she said, "God our strength will be press forward ever," and that was it and then she ended the prayer. I sat there for a second afterwards to make sure I heard her right and then she began to sing the rest of the song, which they had practiced today in primary. It was the cutest thing.

5 comments:

The Warner Family said...

KIDS SAY THE DARDNEST THINGGS. yOU HAVE GOT TO LOVE THEM. hAPPY BIRTHDAY, FROM ONE OLD LADY TO ANOTHER! THANKS FOR HANGING IN THERE AND STILL BEING MY FRIEND. I LOVE YA, STEPH.

The Warner Family said...

Sorry for all the grammatical errors in my message. I'm a mom and I'm tired.

Shannon said...

Okay, that is funny! I love that you tell funny stories and write what they say on your blog. They are going to love that when they get older.

Unknown said...

I love hearing all the stories you write. They always make me smile!

Melanie said...

Kids are so funny. Heidyn had Mrs. Beyal last year and absolutely loved her. By the way, I'm so excited to work with you in YW! :) Happy Birthday!