Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tooth Troubles

Last Friday Parker's tooth fell out and for some reason he decided to save it for the tooth fairy on Monday. Parker had his tooth sitting on the counter upstairs (because the tooth fairy seems to remember better when it's in plain sight) and when he went to check on it before he went to bed to make sure it was still there it was gone. He asked everybody where it was and nobody had any idea. I told him to leave a note letting the tooth fairy know that he had accidentally lost it so she would still leave him some money, which is what he did. Later that night Adriana woke up came into our room and said she couldn't sleep so I went and laid on the bed with her. I thought since she had already been asleep that it would be a quick thing but it turned out to be longer than I thought because she wouldn't fall back asleep. She kept peeking to see if I was closing my eyes and then every time I moved she would look over to see if I was leaving. At one point she even sat up and said, "Do you think the tooth fairy is going to give Parker money?" After 45 minutes she still wasn't asleep so I gave up and told her to bring her pillow and blanket into my room, which she gladly did. The next morning Parker was so excited because the tooth fairy had indeed left him money. Adriana quickly piped up and said, "I know where your tooth is...it's under my pillow. I wanted to see if the tooth fairy would leave me money instead of you." Parker responded by saying, "Adriana the tooth fairy wouldn't leave you money because she knew it was my tooth." Adriana asked how she knew and Parker said, "Because she's just like Heavenly Father and she can see everything you do." That satisfied her curiosity and then she went on to say, "But everybody in my class has lost a tooth except me." So I guess she thought she could trick everybody in her class into believing that she had lost a tooth. Parker quickly squashed her idea by telling her that everybody would look in her mouth and see that she had all her teeth and they would know she was lying.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so funny! I lost my tooth on the way home from school once, but the toothfairy somehow found it and left me some money. Miraculous! Tell Audry that Abbi has not lost a tooth yet, either and she's in 2nd grade.

Unknown said...

That is so funny - I can't believe she stole his tooth!

Jennifer said...

Adriana is hilarious. I love that she just kept quiet when Parker was looking for his tooth. She's a little sneak!

The Warner Family said...

Too cute! Parker, has a lot of wisdom at his young old age!