Sunday, July 26, 2009

Madison's new bed

My sister Janet found a cute little toddler bed at a yard sale and said I could use it for Madison until she got a little older and needed a bigger bed. She is currently sleeping in a pack & play and for those of you who know her can appreciate the fact that she is not a small little girl so there is not a lot of room for her in there. So we thought we would try the toddler bed and see how she liked it. I was a little nervous about how she would do but we put her on the bed with her blanket and cup and then turned off the lights and shut the door. We didn't hear anything all night so we assumed things were going well until about 5:00 AM. All of a sudden Madison started crying really hard. We both thought she had rolled off the bed so Jeff went to check on her. When he got to her room he could hear her crying but he could not find her anywhere. After searching for a few minutes he found her under the bed. I am not quite sure how she got under there because there is only about a four inch gap between the floor and the bed but somehow she managed. She was so scared she was shaking. It was funny and sad at the same time. The next night she did not want anything to do with her new bed. She threw a fit and started crying but I honestly think she was scared to death to be on the bed for fear that somehow she would end up underneath it again. So needless to say, she is once again sleeping in the pack & play for a few more months until we decide to try again.

3 comments:

Janean said...

That is so funny! I have never heard this story.

Unknown said...

Poor thing! We have a hand me down toddler bed for Landon too, but I was afraid something like this would happen, so we have been waiting ... let me know when Madison does okay in hers & then maybe I will dare try Landon's!

Kirsten said...

poor little baby! funny but sad! :)