Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feeding the Ducks

The other night for FHE we decided to go to a local park and feed the ducks. It is one of Madison's favorite activities. Everything was going fine and everybody was happy breaking apart the bread and throwing it at the ducks and I was in the middle of telling Jeff what a peaceful night it was and how much I enjoyed doing family activities when Adriana started screaming. We looked over and realized that the reason she was so panicked was because Madison had reached over to throw a piece of bread at a duck that was in the water and she fell in. Luckily it wasn't very deep and so she could keep her head above water but it didn't even seem to faze her one bit. She was laying on her stomach (in between two big rocks)just chillin'. She didn't even cry at all. Jeff quickly pulled her out of the water and she said, "Wow that was crazy." We had to strip her down to her nothin's because she was soaking wet but she didn't seem to mind at all. Sadly enough I didn't have my camera with me because I know it would have made some awesome pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so scary! Feeding the ducks is a good idea though. I need to find somewhere around here to do that. We did go to the Discovery Museum last night. They close at 6 though! They are open on Fridays until 8. So we will have to go on Fridays. I am glad Madison is okay!