Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Love Note

The other day Adriana was preparing her lunch and she brought me in a note card and asked me if I would write a note for her. I asked her why I needed to write a note and she said, "Because lots of kids get notes from their moms in their lunchbox but I never get one. So will you write me one and I'll act like I'm surprised and I promise I won't read it until tomorrow." So I wrote her a note telling her how much I loved her and I like how she always helps me out. The next day after school she got into the car and she was so excited because she had gotten a note from me.
I made a comment about it to Parker and he said, "I hope you never put one in my lunch box because that would be embarrassing. I'd just throw it away." His comment really surprised me because Parker usually likes cheesy things like that. The very next morning he said in a macho sort of way, "Mom, are you going to put a note in my lunchbox?" Right then I knew that that was his little way of letting me know that in all reality he would like one as well so I've got to remember to put a love note in his lunchbox.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kids are all so sweet. I loved the notes that Adriana wrote us on Thanksgiving. She's growing up fast!